The immediate aftermath of a major storm can be a chaotic, emotional time as you take stock of the damage to your home or business and its contents. There may be fire, water, and wind damage all at once and every minute you hesitate means a greater chance of permanent damage. Follow these action steps to take control of the situation and limit the devastation.
If you live in an area where strong storms happen, it’s important to make sure your home is secured and protected. Watch the videos and follow these hurricane safety tips provided by ServiceMaster Restore.
Home Outdoor Storm Safety Checklist
- Clear gutters
- Remove branches and trim trees
- Move patio furniture indoors
Home Indoor Storm Safety Checklist
- Check your appliances – secure and unplug
- Raise furniture off the floor if possible
Hurricane Safety – Home Aftercare Tips
- Don’t re-enter areas with standing water
- Don’t use household vacuums to cleanup
Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Have an evacuation plan
- Have a contact person who is not in the storm area
- Don’t forget your pets
If you experience a storm damage and need to hire a professional company for cleanup, ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning is here 24/7/365 to assist in the recovery process and be at your side as quickly as possible. Call (800) 303-5844 for emergency storm damage restoration.