Few sources of property damage are more common than water as excess water or moisture can enter a home or building in so many different ways including flooding, rain, leaks, burst pipes, overflow, and sewage backup. Once water enters a home, it can quickly spread by getting absorbed into porous building materials such as wood and drywall to cause an overwhelming amount of structural damage. It is crucial to react to water damage as soon as possible to stop the spread of the damage and prevent mold or mildew growth which can happen within the first 48 hours of sustaining water damage.
ServiceMaster Water Damage Restoration
Call (800) 303-5844
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning provides flood damage restoration services in Bay Area, TX to remove excess water from homes and businesses and limit the spread of the damage. Each of our technicians have been trained and certified to mitigate the damage by immediately extracting excess water and using the right drying and dehumidification equipment to treat affected structural elements and furnishings. We make sure to monitor the moisture level as we complete the drying procedure and we use anti-microbial and sanitizing products to clean up the damage and prevent mold growth.
Our complete water damage restoration services include the following:
- 24/7/365 Emergency Service
- Emergency Extraction and Dehumidification
- Sanitization and Anti-Microbial Application
- Demolition and Debris Removal
- Moisture Monitoring and Assessment
- Air Quality Control
- Free Inspections and Consulting
- Coordination of Insurance Claims
- Temporary Storage and Inventory for Damaged Content
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
Flood Damage Tips
Because water damage can spread and lead to mold growth, you must call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning immediately to mitigate and restore the damage. As you await the arrival of our technicians, you can take these actions to help limit the damage:
What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning right away because bacteria and mold growth can begin within hours.
- Remove excess water with mopping and blot drying.
- Remove area rugs and other temporary floor coverings but do not try to remove permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Put the drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe off wet furniture and put aluminum foil under all furniture legs to protect the carpet from staining.
- Put paintings, photos, and other valuables in a safe location.
- Keep wet books packed together tightly on the shelves to prevent page warping until they can be treated with specialized drying services.
- Open up all doors in your home as well as cabinet doors and drawers to help with the drying.
What Not to Do
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the electricity has been shut off.
- Do not try to remove water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to remove mold or mildew growth.
Even minor water damage can quickly become a severe problem so do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning as soon as you find water damage in your home or building in Bay Area, TX. We use advanced drying equipment to extract water from the furnishings, structural elements, and content in your home.
You can reach us 24 hours a day for flood damage emergencies at (800) 303-5844.