The Houston, TX area is vulnerable to severe weather including thunderstorms, high winds, heavy rain, and hail, but there are two types of storms that have a history of causing major trouble for Houston area residents; hurricanes and tornadoes. The devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey reminded us just how damaging these storms can be and how important it is to engage in recovery efforts immediately after the storm. The Houston area is also vulnerable to tornadoes which can cause very serious property damage very quickly. For both these types of storms, it is important for Houston area residents to have their homes prepared before a storm hits and be ready to take action immediately after the storm.
ServiceMaster Hurricane Restoration – Houston, TX
Call (800) 303-5844
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning provides hurricane and tornado damage repair services in Houston, TX to help homes and businesses recover from the aftermath of these storms. Our technicians are prepared to deal with major flooding or water damage, as well as repair structural damage to homes and buildings. It is important to call for restoration as soon as possible after a major storm because the damage will get worse until the restoration can take place.
Tornadoes can occur at any time in Texas, but they are most likely to occur during the late spring and early summer. These storms bring devastating winds strong enough to tear homes and buildings apart, lift vehicles, and knock down trees and powerlines. In the aftermath of a tornado, properties are littered with debris including glass, wood, tree branches, and even downed powerlines. Walking through the debris can be dangerous, especially if there are downed powerlines that may still be active.
Natural Disaster Safety – Tornado Shelter Tips – ServiceMaster Video
If your home or building is severely damaged by a tornado, it is crucial to call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning for storm damage repair as soon as possible. Severe structural damage to a home or building will get worse if the building is not stabilized, possibly leading to collapse. We can provide the following to help you recover from the effects of a tornado:
- Emergency Board Ups: If your home or building has sustained severe structural damage, we will immediately board up the building to stabilize it and prevent further damage until it can be repaired.
- Tarping: We will cover openings in the roof with tarp to keep out rain and animals.
- Debris Removal: We will remove all debris from your property including building materials, broken glass, tree branches, and other debris.
- Reconstruction: Our technicians can repair the structural damage to your home or building caused by the tornado.
As Hurricane Harvey showed us, the Houston area can get hit by a hurricane that causes massive flooding and extensive damage. While hurricanes have strong winds that can damage homes and buildings, the biggest problems are caused by the flooding. Hurricanes dump a lot of rain in a short period of time that causes massive flooding over a large area. The flood water is not only extremely damaging to homes and buildings, but also dangerous as it may contain harmful toxins and microorganisms from sewage as well as debris that can cause injuries.
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning can help with the restoration effort after a hurricane by cleaning up flooding and repairing homes and buildings that have sustained serious water damage or structural damage. You can expect the following when you call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning after a hurricane:
- Water Damage Restoration: We are equipped to remove standing water from homes and businesses and thoroughly dry the affected objects and materials. Once the water extraction and drying process is done, we will restore, clean, and sanitize the affected areas to return them to their previous condition. It is very important to react to flooding right away because the damage from flooding will get worse and lead to further issues like severe structural damage or mold growth.
- Board Ups and Tarping: Like with tornadoes, hurricanes can cause serious exterior damage to homes and buildings with strong wind. We will board up heavily damaged buildings to secure their structural core and provide tarping if necessary to cover damaged roofs.
- Reconstruction: Our technicians can handle the reconstruction of major structural damage from start to finish to get your home or building back to its pre-disaster state. We will also clear your property of any debris.
Hurricane Safety – Emergency Evacuation Plan – ServiceMaster Video
Residents and business owners in the Houston, TX area are urged to prepare their homes and property for the possibility of a hurricane or tornado. Effective preparation can reduce the risk of sustaining serious damage when these storms hit. If you do experience property damage as a result of a hurricane or tornado, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning for storm damage repair. Our technicians can secure your home or building, repair the damage, and deal with flooding on your property no matter how severe. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (800) 303-5844 for emergency services in the Houston, TX area. We work with insurance.
"Very pleased with the work to clean the guest suites."
"Terrific service; fast response; clear communication for every step of the process. Would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs their services. Really appreciate everything they did."