ServiceMaster Flood Damage Restoration – Houston, TX
Call (800) 303-5844
Water damage is one of the most common sources of property damage, but it is still an emergency when it occurs. Excess water and flooding can spread quickly through a property because most building materials and furnishings are porous. As these materials absorb the water, they may experience damage such as staining, warping, and rotting. Water damage needs to be addressed quickly because it can cause structural damage and mold growth can occur within 24 to 48 hours of the initial exposure.
Who can help you undo the damage?
ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning provides water damage restoration services to help homes and businesses affected by flooding and water damage in Houston, TX and the surrounding areas. Our technicians can remove standing water and moisture using advanced water extraction and drying equipment, and we will restore the damaged areas. We will also treat the affected areas to help prevent mold growth.
Why Water Damage is an Emergency
Water damage can happen virtually any time because there are many potential causes. Weather conditions involving rain, flooding, and humidity can lead to water damage, but it can also be caused by leaks, damage to plumbing fixtures or appliances, sewage backups, pipe bursts and overflows.
The reason water can cause extensive damage is because it gets absorbed in porous building materials and furnishings, allowing it to spread. As materials like wood, drywall, flooring, and other furnishings absorb water, they can become weakened and damaged. Wood and drywall especially are at risk of structural damage if they absorb too much water.
Mold is a serious issue that can arise from water damage because mold needs a source of moisture to grow. Once mold forms, it eats away at the affected materials which can make the structural damage worse. Mold also poses a threat to your health as exposure can lead to a number of allergic reactions and even infection in cases of prolonged exposure.
Calling our professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning right away will help prevent serious flood damage and the appearance of mold growth.
Why Choose ServiceMaster for Water Damage Repair in Houston
If your home or business has been affected by water damage, ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning can help with our full range of professional water damage restoration services. Our goal is to restore your property and your peace of mind as quickly and efficiently as possible. We will evaluate the damage to your property and form a complete restoration plan.
Our industry certified technicians and project coordinators can drastically reduce the amount of damage caused by water. This is accomplished through immediate emergency water extraction and implementation of the appropriate drying and dehumidification equipment. With consistent moisture monitoring throughout the entire drying phase and application of anti-microbial and sanitizing products, we can reduce the damage and the risk of mold growth.
Our water damage restoration services include the following:
- 24/7/365 Emergency Service
- Emergency Extraction and Dehumidification
- Sanitization and Anti-Microbial Application
- Demolition and debris removal
- Moisture Monitoring and Assessment
- Air Quality Control
- Free Inspections and Consulting
- Coordination with Insurance Companies for Claims
- Temporary Storage and Inventory for Water Damaged Contents
- Carpet rug and upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
We work with all insurance providers!
Water Damage Tips:
Water damage and bacterial growth can begin within hours after you experience a loss. To increase your chances of a complete recovery, call ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to ensure a more successful flood damage restoration.
What to do:
- Water damage and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other removable floor coverings. Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather, pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet, and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage – ServiceMaster Restore Video
Make sure you call our licensed technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning as soon as you notice water damage on your property in Houston, TX and the surrounding areas. We are available 24 hours a day at (800) 303-5844 for complete water mitigation for homes and businesses.
Contact us today to receive an estimate for flood damage cleanup services in the Houston, TX area.
Water damage restoration – Bay area, TX
Water damage cleanup services – Kingwood, TX
Flood damage restoration – The Woodlands, TX
Flood cleanup service – Katy, TX
Water Damage Restoration and Flood Cleanup – Southwest Houston
Flood and Water Damage Restoration – Stafford, TX | Fort Bend County
Water Damage Restoration – Champion Forest, TX
Water Damage Restoration – Spring, TX
Water Damage Cleanup – Sugar Land, TX
Water Damage Restoration in Missouri City, TX