Water damage comes from so many sources, which makes it the most common cause of property damage. A sewage backup, a broken window during a storm, a leaking pipe all lead to the same problem; excess water. No matter how it occurs, standing water won’t go away on its own. Left alone, water will seep into absorbent materials like drywall, wood, and furniture and spread further through the building. This spreads the damage beyond the initial area and increases the cleanup costs. Worst of all, mold begins to grow within 48 hours and is yet another way your property can be damaged.
ServiceMaster Water Damage Restoration – East Montgomery County, TX
Call (800) 303-5844
The highly trained experts at ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning provide comprehensive restoration for homes and businesses in East Montgomery County, TX that have water damage for any reason. All of our technicians are IICRC certified to provide remediation, no matter the size or complexity of the project.
Water Damage Restoration You Can Trust
Homes today are filled with porous materials like drywall, subflooring, woodwork, and insulation that can soak up water and help spread it from room to room. It warps and buckles as it goes, and mold usually follows in its wake a few days later without remediation. If building materials like floors become oversaturated, they can collapse. It’s important to take action immediately at the first sign of excess water in your home or business. ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning will arrive quickly to assess the situation, stop the spread of water, and begin the extraction, drying, and dehumidification process. We use the best equipment and products available in the industry to restore your property, clean the area, and sanitize to prevent mold growth.
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning’s Full Water Damage Restoration Services include:
- Emergency response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Free inspections and consultations;
- Assistance with insurance claims
- Extraction and dehumidification;
- Mold removal;
- Applications of antimicrobials and sanitizers;
- Monitoring of moisture levels throughout the process;
- Air quality control monitoring;
- Demolition and debris removal, if necessary;
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning;
- Content cleaning and pack-out.
What to Do If You Find Water on Your Property
If the water is due to a broken pipe, turn off the water immediately to prevent further damage and call the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning to begin the remediation process. While you wait for them to arrive, take these steps to get things started:
- Remove area rugs and any temporary flooring;
- Set aside any delicate or fragile items, such as electronics, for priority restoration;
- Slide drapery ends through coat hangers and hang them from curtain rods to keep the ends out of the water.
- Wipe excess water off furniture and place aluminum foil under legs.
- Open doors and windows to let in fresh air.
- Remove valuables to a safe place.
- Mop up and blot standing water.
What Not To Do If You Find Standing Water
There are a few things you can do that will only make things worse in an excess water situation.
- Never walk into a room that has standing water if the power is still on.
- Don’t use a standard vacuum cleaner to remove water. It’s designed to clean dry messes, like dirt and crumbs.
- Don’t try to remove permanently installed floor coverings, like carpeting. Let professionals handle that.
- Don’t use appliances that were wet or fixtures that are on a wet ceiling until they’ve been checked by an electrician.
- Don’t try to remove mold by yourself. Without the right training and protective gear, it’s too easy to spread and make yourself sick.
No matter how excess water gets into your home or business in East Montgomery County, TX or how much, ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning can thoroughly clean and restore your property and its contents. Waiting only allows water to spread further and cause more damage, so contact the highly trained professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 303-5844 for emergency water damage restoration services.