ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning
Call: (800) 303-5844
Water is an important element that is essential for all life forms. However, water can also be damaging, particularly to homes and buildings. It does not matter whether the water comes from an internal issue like a leak or pipe burst or from a natural source like rain and flooding. When excess water or moisture is in a property, it spreads quickly, causing gradual damage and encouraging mold growth. Knowing this, it is imperative to seek professional help as soon as possible.
Serving the Southwest Houston area, ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning provides complete water damage restoration services to residential and commercial properties. Every one of the technicians we employ have IICRC certification and the experience to provide effective restoration. From a minor leak to a severe flood, our technicians can handle all cases of water damage.
Trusted Flood Cleanup and Water Damage Restoration
A majority of the building materials used for homes and other buildings are porous materials, meaning they can absorb water. Some examples include drywall, flooring, subflooring, insulation, wood, and sheetrock. Because of their porous nature, water can easily spread through them, causing these materials to buckle, swell, and warp. If they take in too much water, then the materials suffer structural damage. Water damage must be addressed right away to prevent widespread damage and mold.
When you call us for help, our technicians will promptly arrive at your home or business to contain the water and evaluate the damage. To remove the standing water, we will use advanced extraction equipment. We will then set up drying and dehumidification equipment to thoroughly dry affected building materials and furnishings. When all excess water and moisture have been eliminated, we use anti-microbial cleaners to properly clean and sanitize the affected areas.
The following are included within our complete water damage restoration services:
- 24/7 emergency response
- Free consultation and inspections
- Dehumidification and water extraction
- Anti-microbial applications and sanitization
- Moisture monitoring
- Air quality control
- Mold removal
- Debris removal and demolition
- Content cleaning and pack-out services
- Upholstery and carpet cleaning
- Insurance claim help
Water Damage Restoration Tips
Contact ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning once you notice water damage in your home or business. After you call us, use the following tips to help with the damage:
What to Do:
- Promptly call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning to contain the damage and eliminate the excess water.
- Mop and blot dry the water.
- Get rid of temporary flooring, including area rugs.
- Keep curtains and drapes off the floor by placing them on a clothes hanger and then hanging it up on the curtain rod.
- Wipe down excess water from furniture, and place aluminum foil beneath furniture legs to limit carpet damage.
- Move paintings, photos, and other delicate items to a safe place.
- If weather permits, open exterior doors to speed up the drying process.
- If books have suffered water damage, keep them tightly packed together to prevent pages from warping. We can use a specialized process to treat them.
What Not to Do:
- If the power is on still, do not enter a room with standing water.
- Do not use a standard vacuum cleaner to remove excess water.
- Do not try removing carpeting and other permanent flooring. Professionals should handle this.
- If on a wet floor, do not use electrical appliances.
- Do not try getting rid of any mold or mildew on your own.
If you allow water to sit and spread throughout your property, water damage can become an even more hazardous situation than it already is. That said, get in touch with ServiceMaster Southwest Houston for professional water damage restoration and flood cleanup services. We can be reached 24/7 at (800) 303-5844.