ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning
Call: (800) 303-5844Every home and building is equipped with a plumbing system that provides running water as water is essential. However, water can also be a dangerous element if it gets into the home or building and is allowed to spread. Water can spread through porous building materials and furnishings such as drywall, wood, flooring, and insulation and these materials become vulnerable to serious damage and mold growth the more water they absorb. Water damage can occur in homes and buildings as a result of heavy rain and flooding, as well as problems within the building such as pipe bursts, leaks, appliance malfunctions, plumbing issues, and overflows. It is important for water damage to be addressed immediately to limit its spread and reduce the risk of serious damage and mold.
At ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning, we provide water damage restoration services to help affected home and businesses in Sugar Land, TX. Our technicians are properly trained and equipped to handle any level of water damage using advanced restoration techniques.
Professional Water Restoration
Water damage is a cause for concern because it can quickly get soaked up by porous materials and spread over a larger area of your property. The building materials that absorb water will swell, warp, and buckle and if they take on too much water, they can become weakened. This is especially concerning for drywall and wood structural elements because these materials can lose their structural integrity with too much water. Mold is another potential issue as the presence of moisture makes affected areas and materials vulnerable to mold.
When you call ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning, we will start by evaluating the extent of the damage and stopping the spread of the water. For cases with standing flood water, we can remove the water with advanced water extraction equipment. We will then dry the affected areas and materials with dehumidifiers and air movers and thoroughly clean and restore these areas after the drying process.
You can expect the following from our water damage restoration services:
- Emergency response 24/7
- Free inspections and consultation
- Complete water extraction and drying
- Moisture monitoring
- Anti-microbial applications to prevent mold
- Air quality control
- Mold removal
- Demolition and debris removal
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
- Help with insurance claims
Water Damage Restoration Tips
You need to call our professionals as soon as possible once you notice water damage on your property in Sugar Land, TX. After making that call, you can help limit the damage with the following actions:
What to Do:
- Mop and blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove temporary floor coverings like area rugs.
- Get drapes off the floor by putting the bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe water from the furniture and put aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent carpet staining.
- Move photos, paintings, important documents, and other vulnerable objects somewhere safe.
- If the weather permits, open doors and windows to help with the drying.
- Water damaged books should be left alone on the shelf until they can be treated with a specialized drying process.
What Not to Do:
- Do not enter a flooded room unless the electricity is shut off.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent flooring, this should be done by professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances that may be compromised or are on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
If there is water damage in your home or business in Sugar Land, TX, you need to act immediately and call our professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning. We will contain the spread of the water and form a restoration plan to restore the damage. You can reach us any time at (800) 303-5844 for water damage restoration in Sugar Land, TX.